Don’t forget: families have a three-day weekend coming up soon! We have a staff professional development day coming up on Monday, October 12. While your children won’t be here, our teachers will still be at work. We have a number of workshops and activities planned here at school.
Forest Hill News
Please use the above link to access resources to help support the math homework.
Please take a moment to answer a short survey* about our school and district websites.
Campbell Union School District redesigned its school and district websites to be easier to use on all types of digital devices AND to make it easier for parents to find the information they seek most often. Your answers to survey will help us reach those expectations and to refine and improve our websites for those who use them. The survey closes October 16th.
We are in the beginning of flu season. If your child has a fever, please keep him/her home until the fever is gone for 24 hours. We know it is not easy to miss school, but staying home when sick helps keep everyone else healthy.
Every morning, more than 650 students make their way to Forest Hill. All cars travel on McCoy Ave. Rainy days can be particularly busy in our driveway loop. Here are some things to keep in mind that will help us keep our students safe.
- Please be patient with one another. We are all very busy in the mornings. Increased patience leads to increased safety.
- Parking or getting out of your car in the drop off lane causes congestion. If your child can’t exit the car without assistance, please don’t use the driveway loop. Please park and walk your child onto the campus.
- Drop off in the far right lane only. The left lane is for through traffic. Dropping off in the left lane puts a child in an unsafe situation.
- Plan for the weather. If it is raining, please leave a few minutes earlier to get to school on time.
- Our school gates open at 8:00. Please aim to be in our driveway loop at 8. The traffic is much lighter at this earlier time.
Please mark your calendar…conference week is October 19th-23rd. All students will be dismissed at 1:21 every day that week.
Our annual Halloween Parade will take place at 8:30am on the blacktop on October 30th. Family and friends are welcome to attend.
Students are having exposure to hands-on learning activities related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) during lunch hour. We’ve had two Monday STEM days so far. Thank you to Lalita Godbole for organizing these opportunities for our students. We will also have two STEM assemblies coming up for all students.
Our new recess program is making a big impact on our students. Students have been engaged in soccer tournaments, jumping ropes teams and large-scale dodge ball games. Please come out and see this new amazing program in action. Another perk to this program is students are moving their bodies more at recess time. If your child has come home to share about this program, please send Mrs. Khalid a note.
Our next garden work day will be Sunday, October 11th from 9:00am to 12:00pm. We need adult volunteers to help keep our garden thriving!