Please come by to admire our PBIS behavior signs with your child. Also, please review the attachment with your child about the expected behavior for our campus. Students need to be able to explain the expected behavior for all locations on our campus.
Forest Hill News
Transformation Team members tour Campbell Middle School before a meeting about what is needed for creating a quality PreK-through-8 school here.
On February 16th, Superintendent Eric Andrew provided the Governing Board with an update on preliminary progress with transforming Campbell Middle School (CMS) into a PreK-8 school. The following is a list of key points.
What Work has the Transformation Team done?
- Developing Guiding Principles
- Developed an Internal Communication Structure
- Developed an External Communication Structure
- Toured the Campbell M.S. Facility
- Developed a Transformation Team (TT) Meeting Calendar
- Developed a Transformation Leadership Team (TLT) Meeting Calendar
- Developed a Tentative Timeline
What are the Transformation Team milestones?
1. In March: Select a Transformation Model
a. “Pull Off the Band-Aid” Approach – Close the school
b. Phase Out – Remaining grades permitted to promote to high school
c. Phase In/Phase Out – Upper grades promote to high school; lower grades enrolled simultaneously
2. March 23: Community Input Meeting (6:30 p.m. at Campbell Middle School)
3. Late March: Visits to Existing K-8 Schools
4. In April: Start Design/Theme
5. May 23: Community Input Meeting (TBA)
6. June 1: Plan Presented to the Board
For more details, please visit our School Transformation web page.
January's Top Classes
2nd: Ms. Sarsfield
3rd: Mrs. Darragh
4th: Ms. Prakash
5th: Mrs. Durham
We have many positions opening for next year’s PTA board. PTA programs and events cannot happen without your help!
- VP Communication
- VP Membership
If you’re interested or have questions, please contact us at president [at] foresthillpta.com. Board elections will take place at the April 12th PTA meeting at 8:15am.
Our 3rd annual science festival Planet Falcon will be held on Saturday April 29th, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Team enrollment is now open. Team enrollment deadline, and first team orientation meeting for all teams will be Friday Feb 10th. The teams are: Apollo (Space Exploration), Building Robots, Curious Minds, DNA: Code of Life, Earth Science, Fashionable Science, Life Science.
How talented are Forest Hill students? Come find out!
Friday, March 10th at 7:00 pm
You’ll see students dancing, singing, playing musical instruments,
and performing a variety of other skills all for your entertainment.
We are no longer collecting Capri Suns.
- We are now recycling foil-lined bar wrappers (from any brand of granola or energy bar), and snack pouches (GoGo Squeez applesauce or similar, with plastic twist caps). Look for the new orange and green signs on the bins outside the cafeteria.
- The PTA has also partnered with Planet Green Recycle to recycle empty inkjet cartridges and unwanted small electronics (cell phones, iPods, video games, etc. - working or not). The collection bin is located in the main office. Each item contributed will stay out of the landfill and generate funds for PTA programs.
Contact Jill at jillian.oportus [at] gmail.com for information
March 2nd, our PTA is asking families to bring in an extra brown bag lunch for a friend in need. We will be collecting bag lunches in front of the office AND at the drop off loop until 8:30am. Look for the brown buckets at these locations. For a complete list of acceptable food items, please check the flyer in your child's Friday folder or via PeachJar. All lunches will be delivered to Santa Maria Urban Ministries that morning and distributed that day. Thank you for your generous donations!
Questions? Contact Berta Yee at smudgeyee [at] yahoo.com (smudgeyee [at] yahoo.com)
Governing Board policies guide the District's regulations on a wide range of topics. Policies are available to the public in multiple ways.
Following are highlights of the Campbell Union School District Governing Board Policy Revisions from the first half of the 2016-17 School Year. Copies of policies and regulations are available in print from school offices, the District Administration Office, and are online at campbellusd.org/policy. Board meeting agendas and minutes also list policies being considered for revision.
- School-Connected Organizations (BP/AR 1230 revised)
The policy and regulation were updated to clarify the relationship between the district and a school-connected organization, such as a booster club, parent-teacher organization, or other nonstudent organization. The policy adds material about establishing such organizations as separate legal entities subject to their own bylaws and rules; delegates the responsibility to approve organizations' fundraisers to the superintendent or designee; and reflects legal requirement that donations and participation in fundraising activities be voluntary.
- Uniform Complaint Procedures (BP/AR 1312.3 revised)
Policy and regulation were updated to reflect new laws relating to complaints of noncompliance with accommodations for lactating students (AB 302, 2015), educational rights of foster youth and homeless students (AB 379, 2015), assignment of students to courses without educational content for more than one week per semester or to courses they have previously completed (AB 1012, 2015), and physical education instructional minutes in elementary schools (AB 1391, 2015).
- District Records (BP 3580 revised)
Policy was updated to reflect legal requirement to disclose any breach of security of district records that contain personal information, as defined, by providing a written or electronic notification that meets the content and formatting requirements specified in law.
- Interdistrict Attendance / Children of Military Families (BP 5117 and AR 6173.2 revised)
A new paragraphs were added to reflect amendments to Education Code 48301:
- At the end of BP 5117: “A child of an active military duty parent/guardian shall not be prohibited from transferring out of the district to a school district of choice, if the other school district approves the application for transfer. (Education Code 48301)”
- At the end of AR 6173.2: “A child of an active military duty parent/guardian shall not be prohibited from transferring out of the district to any district that has declared itself to be a "school district of choice" pursuant to Education Code 48300-48316, if the other school district approves the application for transfer. (Education Code 48301)”
- Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Prevention Instruction (BP/AR 6142.1 revised)
The policy and regulation were updated to reflect new law requiring districts to provide comprehensive sexual health education in grades 7-12 and to integrate that instruction with HIV prevention education. Policy also was updated to clarify requirements related to parental consent. Regulation adds new section on "Definitions," expands program criteria, and merges the components of sexual health education and HIV prevention education.
NOTE: For more details about these or other policies and regulations, please contact the school principal, consult the Parent Handbook of Notices, or email the District Public Information Officer at <http://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=AW1lJxRqUR8bcgICCXFtMzJKKQYQXzZ2QjA-3D_713> or phone 408-341-7254.
We will be taking our State Testing starting May 1st-26th. Please don't schedule appointments, vacations, etc. during this block of time. Please mark your calendars now of this imporant time block.